Yup. THIS GUY. (You MUST scroll to the bottom for the GIVEAWAY)
WHY Ryan is one of the coolest peoples on the internet:
1. Ryan helps organize and run the Phoenix COMIC CON. For realz.
2. He knows Nathan Fillion. Ok. Slight exaggeration. He moderated a panel WITH NATHAN FILLION.
3. He can talk books with a massive group of women outside of SCBWI like a pro.
4. When people are asked to come in costume, HE ACTUALLY DOES.
5. He wrote one of the coolest children’s books ever. Now I just have to hope that his publisher agrees with me 😉
6. He wrote this KILLER COOL book called The Year of Lightning that I got to beta read, and that I LOVED. Adventure. Action. Love story. Mystery. TIME TRAVEL. Seriously. ALL THE WINS.
Here’s the blurb:
The house has no doors. It’s been abandoned for decades. Yet one night, Malcolm sees a face in the window. Thirteen-year-old twins, Malcolm and Valentine Gilbert, never imagined an old house across the street could be so much trouble, but a secret machine inside has woken up, and its power is growing.
Meanwhile, lightning storms are breaking out all over town. They’re getting worse every week and seem to enjoy striking kids who just want to pass science class and mind their own business.
Lightning, however, is rarely cooperative—and when Malcolm and Valentine discover a connection between the house and the storms, their situation goes from mysterious to crazy stupid dangerous. As they hunt a powerful enemy, they’ll realize that lightning is only the beginning. Their town’s very existence hangs in the balance, and the only clues are written in the sky.
7. He got THIS COVER for his new book from his publisher:
8. One of the genuinely nicest guys I know. Also. I’m probably going to buy like four copies of this book and gift it to all the young teens in my family.
9. His Facebook posts are sometimes like this: “Earth is pretty cool, and not just because it’s where I keep all my stuff. It’s also where cake is made.”
You can pre-order his book of awesomeness HERE.
You can stalk him online on his website HERE.
Or on Facebook HERE.
Now, onto the giveaway contest and turning SOME time over to Ryan!
How would you fight a lightning storm? In one paragraph, tell us exactly how you’d do it, and don’t hold back! Get as crazy/silly/stupid/super-tough as you want – the sky is literally the limit. We’ll pick a winner from each participating blog, and I will send the winners a package containing an awesome secret clue to the central mystery in THE YEAR OF LIGHTNING.
Thanks so much for stopping by to see the cover!