When you write a novel with someone, you get an inside look at how their brain works, how their family works, and how their life works.
The more time I spend with Christa, the more I think she’s an amazing person. So today, instead of sharing a FEAR LIST, like we did w/ our characters in LOVE BLIND, I’m sharing a mooshy, smooshy list of reasons that everyone needs to follow and know Christa Desir to celebrate the release of LOVE BLIND.
This is us at SCBWI in LA a couple years ago.
- Christa spends her “free” time, advocating for rape survivors. Raising money for rape survivors. Raising awareness of rape survivors and rape culture.
- Half the proceeds from her first book, FAULT LINE, go to help fund workshops for rape survivors.
- Christa is the most practical, pragmatic person when it comes to giving advice.
- She feels so deeply that her ability to empathize is deeper and more profound than anyone else I know.
- She’s a stellar literary citizen, and that’s not always easy to come by.
- I invited myself to her house for the weekend, and her people are just spectacular.
- If you ever need advice on sex toys, she’s your woman.
- EVERY time I don’t know what to do with a manuscript, Christa does.
- She seems to always know the ins and outs of publishers and editors and writers… and I have NO idea how she stays on top of it all.
- Proud to call this woman my friend.
Writing Hailey and Kyle’s story feels like a once in a lifetime experience, and one that I’ll remember forever. Thank you, friend.
So now, go buy our book, okay? My daughter is getting braces this summer. 😉 Or, at least go read the sample chapter Amazon always puts up. Kyle is pretty irresistible.